- A loan of $10,000 helps Tara to buy additional equipment and computers, as well as conduct some p...
- A loan of $12,000 helps Zainab to expand her business by adding distinct spaces for fitness and b...
- A loan of $12,000 helps Lamia to purchase wood and fabrics in addition to opening new production ...
- A loan of $12,000 helps Bekhal to expand her business by purchasing additional equipment that wil...
- A loan of $8,000 helps Zainab purchasing additional equipment tools and cosmetics
Business is the key
- She‘ll get the training and mentorship she needs to build a thriving, influential business.
- She‘s likely to invest up to 80% of her income in her children‘s health and education.
- She can create jobs and is more likely to hire other women, strengthening her community and promoting gender equality.
You can make a positive difference in Iraq. Make a loan, expand financial access, and give women the tools they need to succeed.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
WLIFT stands for Women Leveraging the Internet for Financial Transformation, and is a partnership between microfinance institution Relief International, the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, and Kiva to expand economic opportunity for women business owners in Iraq.
The program combines customized technical assistance with loans for women-owned small and medium enterprises in Iraq to help them grow, increase profitability, and create more stable jobs in their communities.
Relief International is a humanitarian non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, development assistance, and program services to vulnerable communities worldwide. It selects remarkable women business owners in Iraq, facilitates their loans, and provides them with business development and financial training.
The Cherie Blair Foundation is dedicated to building a world where women have equal opportunities and the capability, confidence and capital necessary to establish and grow businesses, resulting in a brighter future for the women themselves and their communities as a whole. The Foundation will connect women business owners with executive mentors worldwide to get one-on-one support. The Foundation has leveraged a partnership with Crescent Enterprises to select senior, Arabic-speaking female employees who can provide their professional expertise and guidance to these women entrepreneurs through online mentoring relationships.