Kiva is changing lives...join us!
At Kiva, we are passionate about social impact and creating opportunity for communities around the world. We’ve helped more than 2 million people build better lives for themselves and their families, and none of it would be possible without our interns.
An internship at Kiva gives you 6 months of hands-on learning with an innovative, internationally-recognized nonprofit that has tech startup in its DNA.
With part-time positions available across a range of business units, you’ll contribute to meaningful projects in a fast-paced environment. Develop your professional skills, while making lifelong friends.
How will you make a difference?
Interns are placed with teams throughout Kiva based on their strengths, skills and career goals. Our internship team will match you with an opportunity where you can contribute and grow.
- Program Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Community Support
- Product Management
- Microfinance Partnerships
- Business Strategy & Operations
Mark your calendar
Kiva is currently hiring for our January - July 2017 internship class starting in mid January 2017. Important dates to keep in mind:
We pack a lot into this structured 6-month program, so interested applicants must be able and willing to commit to the full time period.
Steps for applying
We match your skills and interests with a position based on Kiva's team and project needs. Please apply to the general Kiva internship role unless you have a specific skill set that matches the individual internship roles posted online.
- Step 1: Apply
- Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
- By October 28, 2016
- Step 2: Phone interview
- We’ll email you to schedule a phone/Skype interview if we move forward with your application.
- By November 7, 2016
- Step 3: Matchmaking
- We consider your skills, experience and interests and work to match them with a need at Kiva.
- By November 11, 2016
- Step 4: Face-to-face interview
- If we find a potential match, we’ll contact you to schedule an in-person (or Skype) interview with the hiring manager for that position.
- By December 2, 2016
- Step 5: Offer
- If the hiring manager sees a fit for their team, you’ll be offered an internship position.
- By December 15, 2016
Due to the competitive nature of our internships, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible. We receive a large number of applications, so are only able to respond to people who will be moving forward in the process. Please note, if you are invited to an in-person interview and are located outside the San Francisco Bay Area, we will schedule an interview with you via Skype.
Meet Kiva's interns and alumni
Kiva interns have a wide range of backgrounds and have gone on to work for organizations such as Room to Read, Full Circle Fund, Fitbit, Watsi, Google, Fair Trade USA and Deloitte. Learn more about our talented interns here.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the time commitment of a Kiva internship?
- Is the internship a paid position?
- Where do Kiva interns work?
- Can I apply for an internship if I’m not a U.S. citizen?
- Can I earn academic credit for the work I produce as an intern?
- Can I apply for an internship if I’m still in school?
- Can I get a job at Kiva after my internship?
- How does Kiva help with the job search process?
- Can I still join the internship program if I need to start later or end earlier than the dates indicated?
Have a question you couldn't find here? Email a member of our team at email@example.com