Trustee: The Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC)
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- In 2013, as WWBIC celebrates more than 25 years of "Putting Dreams to Work," we are exploring having the City of Milwaukee as a Kiva City and playing a key partnership role. We believe this would help us to continue to provide hope and opportunity in the years ahead!
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC) is a statewide economic development organization focused on business creation, expansion, and sustainability, and job creation and retention in both urban and rural areas. We provide access to capital including direct lending; one-on-one business assistance; business education, and financial awareness education programming. Our services are open to anyone in Wisconsin, but our mission emphasis is women, people of color, and people of lower wealth and incomes – those most likely to be underserved by traditional financial institutions.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- We would need to understand Kiva's review and plans, but may share at this time WWBIC has a full business counseling team working in concert with our current WWBIC loan portfolio.
About The Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC)
Trustee type: Statewide Economic Development Corporation (CDFI, Microlender, Women's Business Center)
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Time on Kiva: September 13, 2013 (41 months)
Kiva borrowers: 45
Total loans: $270,200
Paying on time: 21
Paying back late: 12
Repayment rate: 79%
All Loans for this Trustee