Trustee: The Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC)
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- WWBIC lead and partnered with the City of Milwaukee in 2013 to bring Kiva to Milwaukee as a finance resource for Wisconsin. Since 1987, WWBIC has been "Putting Dreams to Work" . We serve the entire state of Wisconsin with offices in Milwaukee, Madison, Racing and Kenosha. We believe that Kiva will help us help us to continue to provide hope and opportunity in the years ahead!
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC) is a statewide economic development organization focused on business creation, expansion, and sustainability, and job creation and retention in both urban and rural areas. We provide access to capital including direct lending; one-on-one business assistance; business education, and financial awareness education programming. Our services are open to anyone in Wisconsin, but our mission emphasis is women, people of color, and people of lower wealth and incomes – those most likely to be underserved by traditional financial institutions.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- WWBIC maintains a relationship with all of our endorsed borrowers. We review personal financial statements and offer quality business education programs to all our borrowers. Popular class options include developing a business plan, QuickBooks, social media marketing or certification assistance. WWBIC has a full business counseling team working in concert with our current WWBIC loan portfolio. We work directly with Kiva in maintaining positive business relationships and loan repayment.
About The Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC)
All Loans for this Trustee