- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- DreamxAmerica joins storytelling + impact to highlight and support immigrant, refugee, and first-generation entrepreneurs across America. As a key component of DreamxAmerica's impact initiative, the DxA-Kiva Special Initiative -- launched by DreamxAmerica and Kiva U.S. on November 13, 2020 -- aspires to lead to greater economic empowerment for small businesses in towns and cities throughout the U.S. All U.S.-based small businesses are welcomed and encouraged to apply, and applications from immigrant, refugee, and first-generation entrepreneurs are especially encouraged.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- "The ultimate aspiration is that DreamxAmerica . . . both supports immigrant-led small businesses across the U.S. and acts as a heartfelt reminder of our country’s common values of dignity, opportunity, and innovation." | Forbes
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- DreamxAmerica partners with small-business entrepreneurs across the U.S. Every DreamxAmerica Entrepreneur seeking a Kiva loan goes through four steps to ensure viability and support during the Kiva application, fundraising, and repayment phases: 1) DxA-Kiva Special Initiative Application & Review for Pre-Approval/Endorsement: Each entrepreneur, either applying directly or referred through one of our local partners, completes the DxA-Kiva Special Initiative application (https://tinyurl.com/DxA-KivaSpecialInitiative). A DreamxAmerica team member reviews the application considering the business and entrepreneur's vision, goals, commitment, track record, and loan needs and proposed usage. If needed, the team member has a conversation with the entrepreneur to clarify elements of the application; 2) Kiva Application Support: Once an entrepreneur is pre-approved by DreamxAmerica, the assigned DreamxAmerica team member helps edit and refine the entrepreneur's Kiva page narratives (Tagline, Personal Story, Business Story, Proposed Loan Usage) and guides the entrepreneur through the Kiva application, answering any questions or requests for support promptly; 3) Fundraising: DreamxAmerica helps ensure its pre-approved/endorsed Kiva campaigns are fully funded, leaning on the organization's digital reach and network of supporters; and 4) Social Media: Finally, as part of its ongoing storytelling initiative, DreamxAmerica shares posts highlighting the entrepreneur's story on it social media pages, in particular focusing on uplifting the entrepreneur's voice through her original quotes.