Trustee: RVA Works
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- There are two guiding goals for our organization. First, we work to catalyze job creation and economic growth in Richmond; and second, we work to ensure the ongoing financial viability of our facility and programs. We are particularly focused on supporting entrepreneurs in our under-resourced communities, and providing them the social, intellectual and financial capital they require to seize market opportunities. As we roll out a number of new programs, Kiva Zip provides an added tool for providing access to micro-finance for our clients.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- To contribute directly to diverse economic growth and job creation by fostering entrepreneurship and innovation. Through a range of programs we are providing an environment in which together we’ll become a Top 10 Startup City.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- We will endorse those borrowers who are known to RVA Works as participants in city programs which are referred to us by the city and referrals from members of our Advisory Board.
About RVA Works
Trustee type: Public Sector Agency
Location: Richmond, VA
Time on Kiva: July 24, 2013 (43 months)
Total loans: $7,250
Paying on time: Not enough data
Paying back late: Not enough data
Repaid in full: Not enough data
Defaulted: Not enough data
Repayment rate: 97%
All Loans for this Trustee