Trustee: Umande Trust
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Umande Trust works with enterprising individuals, groups and associations in urban peoples' settlements in the 5 cities in Kenya (Nairobi, Embu, Nakuru, Kisumu & Homa Bay). Many of these entities are excluded from access to information, services and credit. We desire a partnership with Kiva to reverse this trend and contribute to the livelihoods and prosperity of cities.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Ours is a grassroots agency that believes in the powers and promise of diversifying choices through modest resource inputs; to do more with less. Our bio-sanitation services are desired to improve access to sanitation and water services; convert human waste into bio-gas, create profit centres to improve income generation and utilize the bio-centres as platforms for urban planning and access to information and, credit.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- The Trust will use the rapport and the existing community structures to conduct due diligence to community members who will be interested in the loans, together with the organization business development department staff who will appraise(using an endorsed criteria-showing requirements needed) and decide who will qualify to be a borrower. The borrowers must be residents of the informal settlements we are working in, and must be members of the groups we are also working with to ensure security of the loans is guaranteed.
About Umande Trust
All Loans for this Trustee