Trustee: Lobeck Taylor Foundation
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Through research collected for the annual State of Entrepreneurship Report in Tulsa, the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation (LTFF) is keenly aware of the challenges in accessing capital in the Tulsa community. In addition to the grant establishing Kiva Tulsa in order to help solve for this issue, LTFF is committed to helping individuals be as successful as possible through Kiva by actively participating in the program as a Trustee.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- LTFF focuses on improving quality of life for Tulsans through three cornerstone areas of interest: entrepreneurship, innovation and community engagement. From the creation of Tulsa’s first business plan competition (Tulsa StartUp Series) to building Tulsa’s first basecamp for entrepreneurs (36 Degrees North) and Tulsa’s first kitchen incubator (Kitchen 66), our direct involvement in supporting local businesses spans decades.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Endorsements for loans will be based on current or future relationships with the potential borrower, whether they are a participant in a program we operate or we are introduced to them through other work in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Tulsa. Our due diligence will include a review of business plans, tax returns, budget and financial projections as well as meeting with others in the community familiar with the individual and their business.