Trustee: Forge Columbus
Columbus , OH
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- As part of its core mission, Forge Columbus works to support community-based investing by connecting socially-driven businesses with diverse pool of community investors. Kiva offers us the opportunity to diversify and strengthen that portfolio of services by leveraging its world renowned expertise. As a Trustee organization, our Center for Community Investment also will promote the impact of local investing.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Forge Columbus is a society for young civic leaders that supports community projects, invests in entrepreneurial endeavors, and shares ideas about how we can improve our city. Through our network, we hope to bring our skills and ideas together to build a better city. Our Center for Community Investment is intended to help develop a sustainable, socially-driven business community in Columbus that looks local for customers, investments, suppliers and services. To achieve this goal, we intend on developing a portfolio of services and partnerships.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Forge Columbus will identify potential borrowers via three methods: 1.) Recommendations from existing members; 2.) Public outreach to the business community in Columbus; and, 3.) Referrals from small business owners. We will require businesses to provide essential business information including: 1.) The business is (will be) incorporated in the state of Ohio; 2.) Tax returns/ other financial statements from small business/business owner; 3.) Proposed project, description costs and impact of project; and, 4.) Business plan. Once selected, we will require borrowers to provide weekly project updates and, after the completion of the project, borrowers also will be required to provide documentation that the money was used for the proper reasons.