Trustee: Collective Commitments
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- There are many potential entrepreneurs in Northern New England who could benefit greatly from gaining access to a Kiva loan. For some of them, this could be the only financial helping hand available to launch, and grow their business.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- To provide mentoring support to Northern New England entrepreneurs. We are most interested in serving entrepreneurs residing in rural, underserved communities and immigrant populations. In addition we are focused on working with farmers, fishers, food related businesses, makers and trade professionals.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- We intend to endorse borrowers that are a great fit with the purpose and intention of Kiva loans. We will meet with potential borrowers in person or by phone. We will also contact local networks who know and have worked with these borrowers.
About Collective Commitments
All Loans for this Trustee