Trustee: Community Food & Agriculture Coalition
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- We are excited to provide this opportunity for Montana farm and food business owners to connect with lenders locally and around the world.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- CFAC envisions a future where houses, farms, and ranches thrive together; people are well-fed and food secure; family farms are supported within a community food system; and beginning farmers and ranchers can access agricultural land to feed us all.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Our Kiva review team evaluates borrowers who have submitted an application outlining their business and their loan request, a basic business plan, 1-3 years of cash flow projections, and three character references. CFAC reviews these elements, contacts references, and works with all review team members to come to a recommendation on how to proceed with each applicant. If the recommendation is to endorse the borrower, we proceed to work with them to run a successful Kiva lending campaign.
About Community Food & Agriculture Coalition
All Loans for this Trustee