Trustee: GVEP International (Global Village Energy Partnership)
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- GVEP International’s flagship programme is Capital Access for Renewable Energy Enterprises (CARE²) funded by Sida (Swedish International Cooperation Agency). The programme focuses on capacity building for entrepreneurs, providing mentorship, business development services as well as market development support to micro, small and medium size renewable energy enterprises across East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda). This is one of several other programmes in Africa. One of the key challenges affecting the growth of micro and small renewable energy businesses is lack of access to financing. The majority of CARE² entrepreneurs find it difficult to access the required financing because they do not have a credit history with financial institutions. In addition, financial institutions do not know much about small-scale energy businesses, hence excluding them from the credit market. Becoming a trustee will enable GVEP supported entrepreneurs to access financing, to expand and grow their businesses.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- We provide energy sector participants with technical, financial and operational advice to accelerate the growth of businesses that deliver access to clean energy. We help businesses and entrepreneurs access capital, technology and operational advice which enable them to become profitable and sustainable. We contribute to the development of the sector by sharing lessons learnt.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
About GVEP International (Global Village Energy Partnership)
All Loans for this Trustee