Trustee: Central Arkansas New Agrarian Society (CANAS)
Little Rock, AR
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- So that we may act as a conduit for growing our local food economy here in Central Arkansas. As a trustee of Kiva, we aim to connect enterprising folks with the funds they need to scale up food and goods production or simply repair a greenhouse.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The Central Arkansas New Agrarian Society is a coalition of do-gooders, gardeners, and artisans that aims to cultivate urban agriculture in Central Arkansas by serving as a network of communication and cooperation. CANAS recognizes the fragile nature of the industrial food system and aims to address the needs of vulnerable populations with urban mini-farms like our Victory Garden Project. These farms will provide land access to surrounding residents as well as knowledge, tools, and resources that empower residents towards increased self-sufficiency. Ultimately, CANAS desires to instill in the community the beauty and necessity of a closed-loop, local, and democratic food system.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- CANAS will review potential borrower's business plans, cultivation practices, and provide to the borrower a network of specialist in a wide array of sustainable fields that can aid their plans to be profitable and grow our local economy.
About Central Arkansas New Agrarian Society (CANAS)
All Loans for this Trustee