Trustee: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center
San Francisco, CA
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center provides small business training and support services to help motivated Bay Area women and men, from under-resourced communities, start and grow their own businesses as a means to achieve economic self-sufficiency. Our clients represent the diversity of the Bay Area: 84% are very low to moderate income, 68% are people of color, 72% are women, and include incarcerated and formerly incarcerated persons and monolingual Spanish-speaking individuals. Renaissance is eager to become a Kiva Trustee to provide our clients with access to the funding needed to start and grow small businesses but which is frequently unavailable for the clients Renaissance serves.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The mission of Renaissance is to empower and increase the entrepreneurial capacities of socially and economically diverse women and men and thereby strengthen our communities through the creation of sustainable new businesses, new jobs and the promotion of financial self-sufficiency.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- All of the borrowers Renaissance will endorse will be graduates of our 10-24 session small business training classes. Each of these classes include 3-7 modules on financial education, including personal, household and business finance, budgeting, and creating and utilizing financial statements. In addition, endorsed clients will also receive individualized consulting on topics such as finance, credit building and credit repair, sales, marketing, operations and other areas of business development. During the course of our intensive classes and consultations, Renaissance instructors, consultants and staff develop relationships with our clients and become familiar with their characters as well as their business models and abilities. Renaissance will only endorse the applications of borrowers who have demonstrated a high level of integrity, and have sound written business plans. In addition to instructor, staff, and consultant recommendations, each borrower will be vetted by our Financing Resource Center Managing Consultant.
About Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center
All Loans for this Trustee