Trustee: Union Kitchen
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Through our expertise, networks, and infrastructure, entrepreneurs are able to test, launch, and scale their food businesses. By partnering with Kiva, we are building an inclusive community of capital to support the growth of these incredible entrepreneurs.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Our mission is to build successful food businesses. We partner with food and beverage small businesses in Washington, DC. Through our local ecosystem, we help them launch locally, grow regionally, and scale nationally.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- First, we will know intimately the quality of operators as we will see them running their operation every day. We will know if they are clean, organized, and efficient. Second, we will know their brand. We will see their marketing, their packaging, and - most importantly- their product. Third, we will know their finances. We will see their volume, their waste, and can partner with them to know their books. We have developed a partnership with Ross Business Management to whom to refer as a bookkeeper for members. Working with RBM and the member we can evaluate whether the borrower's business needs capital or cash to support cash flows.