Trustee: La Cocina
San Francisco, CA
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- La Cocina's mission is to provide resources and opportunities to entrepreneurs so that they can make a living doing what they love to do. We want to be a trustee on Kiva Zip so that we can expand the ways that we are able to connect entrepreneurs to the resources they need to launch and grow their food businesses.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The mission of La Cocina is to cultivate low-income food entrepreneurs as they formalize and grow their businesses by providing affordable commercial kitchen space, industry-specific technical assistance and access to market opportunities. We focus primarily on women from communities of color and immigrant communities. Our vision is that entrepreneurs will become economically self-sufficient and contribute to a vibrant economy doing what they love to do.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
About La Cocina
Trustee type: Nonprofit Business Incubator For Food Businesses
Location: San Francisco, CA
Time on Kiva: February 1, 2012 (56 months)
Kiva borrowers: 10
Total loans: $76,500
Paying on time: Not enough data
Paying back late: Not enough data
Repayment rate: 100%
All Loans for this Trustee