Trustee: Safe Spaces
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Beacause i work specifically with impoverished young girls,children,women and men in the slum communities of Eastlands parts of Nairobi and Kiva is about bringing real change in life economically to such people through collaboration.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- providing a safe space mentally,physically,emotionally,socially and economically for children, young girls and young women to envision and pursue the future they want for themselves and their communities through lifeskills and reproductive health training and awareness,arts and sports,proffessional development and entreprenueship.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- -I will endorse young women who have been very active in our safe motherhood savings and borrowing programme . -will endorse the women who have a clean record of repaying the borrowed money in the programme. -young community members willing to start small businesses but have no capital. I will check the records of their busineeses,their previous loan experiences,if they are registered with mpesa account or how do they operate their income and expenditure,will also ask for recommendation from other community members eg chief.The first beneficiaries will be mothers of the kids in the safe spaces programme.