Trustee: Organic Health Response
Kitawi Beach, Mfangano Island, Suba District
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- As an active community based organization on Mfangano Island, we are interested in promoting the health and wellbeing of our local community. Through our programs to promote HIV status awareness, stigma reduction, and treatment facilitation, we have strong relationships with community members and feel that we are in a perfect position to identify and nurture community members with entrepreneurial ideas for improvement of local health, wellbeing, nutrition and education.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The Organic Health Response seeks to activate social solidarity, information technology, and environmental sustainability on Mfangano Island in Western Kenya to turn the tide against the devastating impact of HIV/AIDS across Lake Victoria. OHR represents a mission cultivated by a group of Kenyan organic farmers, health workers, and teachers and a team of international medical and graduate students, designers, and activists. Through local and global partnerships, we work together to equip our rural villages with resources, training, and connections to respond “organically”—as unified communities—to the overwhelming socio-economic, epidemiological, and ecological challenges we face.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Club members who officially join our membership following our criteria will be endorsed should they show interest in business, farming or service provision but are lacking capital to start or boost them. We shall first provide such with business skills, financial management within a given period before the are endorsed and posted for loans on Kiva platform.
About Organic Health Response
All Loans for this Trustee