Trustee: Community Rescue Initiatives and Development Forum (CRIDEF)
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- As an active community based organization on Mfangano Island, we are interested in promoting the health and wellbeing of our local community. Through our programs to promote HIV status awareness, stigma reduction, and treatment facilitation, we have strong relationships with community members and feel that we are in a perfect position to identify and nurture community members with entrepreneurial ideas for improvement of local health, wellbeing, nutrition and education.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- CRIDEF seeks to activate social solidarity,community empowerment, information technology, and developmental sustainability on Mfangano Island in Western Kenya. OHR represents a mission cultivated by a group of Kenyan organic farmers, health workers, and teachers and a team of international medical and graduate students, designers, and activists. Through local and global partnerships, we work together to equip our rural villages with resources, training, and connections to respond “organically”—as unified communities—to the overwhelming socio-economic, epidemiological, and ecological challenges we face.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Community members who are officially recruited following our criteria will be endorsed should they show interest in business, farming or service provision but are lacking capital to start or boost them. We shall first provide such with business skills, financial management within a given period before the are endorsed and posted for loans on Kiva platform.