Trustee: Jiinue Holdings Limited
Nakuru, Rift Valley
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Jiinue Holdings Limited has been working with women entrepreneurs since 2008 in Nakuru and its environs in the Rift Valley and also with the Value girls program implemented by Cardno and funded by Nike Foundation and USAID in Western and Nyanza regions. The objective of the value girls program is to offer alternative livelihood to the young women of age 14-24 years as they have been relying on the fish trade along the shores of lake Victoria and to give alternatives to them, the project focus on poultry farming and vegetable farming which the girls have really taken positively. Jiinue acts as a facilitator for the project in Busia and Mbita side as well as a financial institution to the young women participating in the project. One of the major hindrances to most of the clients we work with is accessibility to less expensive credit facility and with capital limitations on our side, KIVA ZIP loans would be ideal for our clients especially those who have been doing extremely well as this will ensure that these clients graduate to higher loans since at the moment, some of our clients have been borrowing as low as 50 USD especially the young women on the value girls program.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Jiinue Holdings Mission is to ease household's poverty through easy accessibility of financial and non financial services to economically active women entrepreneurs in an economically viable and sustainable methodology.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
About Jiinue Holdings Limited
All Loans for this Trustee