Kiva Lending Team: Tree Lovers
We loan because...
Planting and sustaining trees can provide a long lasting source of income, an important food supply, protection for the environment as well as shelter for wildlife and livestock. All this and they add beauty too.
He who plants a tree, plants a hope.
We love trees in all their various shapes and sizes; preferring loans that plant trees or keep them standing and producing, rather than ones that cut them down for their wood. The key word is sustainability.
We understand that a tree can have a multitude of wonderful uses and here are just a few:
- Alleviates the "Greenhouse Effect" by absorbing CO2, storing the carbon and producing oxygen.
- Prevents or reduces soil erosion and water pollution; acting as windbreaks, conserving rainwater, and reducing water runoff and sediment deposit after storms.
- Provides shade for livestock and people
- Provides a sustainable source of food or income.
- Fruit trees such as annona ( paw paw/ sugar apple family) apple, apricot, avocado, cacao, calamondin (calamansi), Carambola(Star Fruit )carob, cherry, custard apple (sugar apple), coconut, durian, fig, guava, grapefruit, jocote (spondias purpurea), jackfruit, Jujube,lemon, lime, longan, mandarins, mango, mangosteen, marang, mulberry, Nanches, nectarine, olive, orange, papaya, peach, persimmon, pitaya (dragonfruit), plum, pomegranate, quince, Rambutan, Sapodilla (Manilkara zapota or Sapota or Mamey), Strawberry Tree - Arbutus unedo, tamarillo (tree tomato)
- Nut trees such as almond,betel, brazil, cashew, chestnut, hazelnut, Macadamia, Mahogany, Pecan, pistachio, Walnut
- Achiote tree from which the condiment Annatto comes
- Banana, not technically a tree, but we're not going to be pedantic about that!
- Croton tree ( for it's nuts)
- Khat - for its leaves.
- Pacay also known as Ice Cream bean tree
- Tagua Palm (also known as Ivory Palms or Ivory-nut Palms )- nut is carved and known as vegetable ivory
Lets not forget that Trees are just beautiful too !
99+ messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
$300 to goLend Now
$100 to goLend Now
Derly received a loan from Masi to buy computers and a printer in order to also offer an Internet service and printing and thereby increase her level of income and profits.$425 to goLend Now
Annet received a loan from Paul to buy fertilizers and pesticides to apply to her passion fruit farm to improve her yields and returns.$1,050 to goLend Now
$400 to goLend Now
Only 3 days left!$225 to go
$750 to goLend Now
$250 to goLend Now
Melvin received a loan from Rob a member to maintain his cocoa plot. He wants to obtain better products, offer quality products to his customers and to be recognized in his area.
Cooperativa Apropal received a loan from 3 team members more than 300 farming families export heart of palms and avoid the drug trade.$8,125 to goLend Now
Jose Efrain received a loan from Rob to buy supplies, fertilizer, and coffee plants to continue cultivating a larger area of coffee.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.