Kiva Lending Team: Tree Lovers
We loan because...
Planting and sustaining trees can provide a long lasting source of income, an important food supply, protection for the environment as well as shelter for wildlife and livestock. All this and they add beauty too.
He who plants a tree, plants a hope.
We love trees in all their various shapes and sizes; preferring loans that plant trees or keep them standing and producing, rather than ones that cut them down for their wood. The key word is sustainability.
We understand that a tree can have a multitude of wonderful uses and here are just a few:
- Alleviates the "Greenhouse Effect" by absorbing CO2, storing the carbon and producing oxygen.
- Prevents or reduces soil erosion and water pollution; acting as windbreaks, conserving rainwater, and reducing water runoff and sediment deposit after storms.
- Provides shade for livestock and people
- Provides a sustainable source of food or income.
- Fruit trees such as annona ( paw paw/ sugar apple family) apple, apricot, avocado, cacao, calamondin (calamansi), Carambola(Star Fruit )carob, cherry, custard apple (sugar apple), coconut, durian, fig, guava, grapefruit, jocote (spondias purpurea), jackfruit, Jujube,lemon, lime, longan, mandarins, mango, mangosteen, marang, mulberry, Nanches, nectarine, olive, orange, papaya, peach, persimmon, pitaya (dragonfruit), plum, pomegranate, quince, Rambutan, Sapodilla (Manilkara zapota or Sapota or Mamey), Strawberry Tree - Arbutus unedo, tamarillo (tree tomato)
- Nut trees such as almond,betel, brazil, cashew, chestnut, hazelnut, Macadamia, Mahogany, Pecan, pistachio, Walnut
- Achiote tree from which the condiment Annatto comes
- Banana, not technically a tree, but we're not going to be pedantic about that!
- Croton tree ( for it's nuts)
- Khat - for its leaves.
- Pacay also known as Ice Cream bean tree
- Tagua Palm (also known as Ivory Palms or Ivory-nut Palms )- nut is carved and known as vegetable ivory
Lets not forget that Trees are just beautiful too !
99+ messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Jhon Miguel received a loan from Sharon to install high-tech irrigation on his land of tara production.$2,125 to goLend Now
$1,325 to goLend Now
$450 to goLend Now
Javier received a loan from j for pruning, de-weeding, and buying fertilizers for his coffee plantation.$900 to goLend Now
$975 to goLend Now
$5,275 to goLend Now
Roberto Carlos received a loan from 2 team members to buy a biodigester to turn his farm waste into resources to expand his corn production.
Denis received a loan from 2 team members to buy manure for mulching his banana plantation.
Jorge Luis received a loan from Rob to invest in an automatic sprinkler, fertilizer, plantains, and other items.
Shalom Quarters Group received a loan from Billy to buy more equipment, creams and other cosmetics to provide her customers with good quality services.
Rio Grande Group received a loan from 3 team members to buy fertilizer and seeds.$3,775 to goLend Now
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.