Kiva Lending Team: Tree Lovers
We loan because...
Planting and sustaining trees can provide a long lasting source of income, an important food supply, protection for the environment as well as shelter for wildlife and livestock. All this and they add beauty too.
He who plants a tree, plants a hope.
We love trees in all their various shapes and sizes; preferring loans that plant trees or keep them standing and producing, rather than ones that cut them down for their wood. The key word is sustainability.
We understand that a tree can have a multitude of wonderful uses and here are just a few:
- Alleviates the "Greenhouse Effect" by absorbing CO2, storing the carbon and producing oxygen.
- Prevents or reduces soil erosion and water pollution; acting as windbreaks, conserving rainwater, and reducing water runoff and sediment deposit after storms.
- Provides shade for livestock and people
- Provides a sustainable source of food or income.
- Fruit trees such as apple, apricot, avocado, cacao, calamondin (calamansi), Carambola(Star Fruit )carob, cherry, custard apple (sugar apple), coconut, durian, fig, guava, grapefruit, jocote (spondias purpurea), jackfruit, lemon, lime, longan, mandarins, mango, mangosteen, marang, mulberry, Nanches, nectarine, olive, orange, papaya, peach, persimmon, pitaya (dragonfruit), plum, pomegranate, quince, Sapodilla (Manilkara zapota or Sapota) tamarillo (tree tomato)
- Nut trees such as almond, brazil, cashew, chestnut, hazelnut, Mahogany, Pecan, pistachio
- Banana, not technically a tree, but we're not going to be pedantic about that!
- Croton tree ( for it's nuts)
- Tagua Palm (also known as Ivory Palms or Ivory-nut Palms )- nut is carved and known as vegetable ivory
Lets not forget that Trees are just beautiful too !
99+ messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
$2,200 to goLend Now
Grupo Chuachinup Mujeres Group received a loan from 2 team members to buy and sell banana trees.$200 to goLend Now
Eni received a loan from Nanja to buy a new wheelbarrow, a tiller, a rake, new gum boots, chemicals, fertilizer and a spade.
Ecozoom received a loan from Siân to provide life-changing clean cookstoves and solar lamps through innovative financing to rural Kenyans.$20,625 to goLend Now
Rosela received a loan from Helen her to hire workers to clear and plow her land and plant seedlings.
Anonymous received a loan from 3 team members to buy more pest controls, soil amendments, and fertilizer.Only 3 days left!$75 to go
Gagik received a loan from 2 team members gagik to install an irrigation system, to have a prosperous harvest in the future and to develop his farm.$2,025 to goLend Now
Cacao De Aroma received a loan from M & K to buy cacao from 800 rural farming families at higher prices and give them access to premium specialty markets.$27,125 to goLend Now
Elizabeth's Group received a loan from Sheila to purchase a solar light, as well as hybrid seeds and fertilizer to improve harvests of maize.
Rosemary's Group received a loan from Sheila to buy cost efficient maize seeds and fertilizer for the coming harvesting season.$225 to goLend Now
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.