Kiva Lending Team: Tree Lovers
We loan because...
Planting and sustaining trees can provide a long lasting source of income, an important food supply, protection for the environment as well as shelter for wildlife and livestock. All this and they add beauty too.
He who plants a tree, plants a hope.
We love trees in all their various shapes and sizes; preferring loans that plant trees or keep them standing and producing, rather than ones that cut them down for their wood. The key word is sustainability.
We understand that a tree can have a multitude of wonderful uses and here are just a few:
- Alleviates the "Greenhouse Effect" by absorbing CO2, storing the carbon and producing oxygen.
- Prevents or reduces soil erosion and water pollution; acting as windbreaks, conserving rainwater, and reducing water runoff and sediment deposit after storms.
- Provides shade for livestock and people
- Provides a sustainable source of food or income.
- Fruit trees such as annona ( paw paw/ sugar apple family) apple, apricot, avocado, cacao, calamondin (calamansi), Carambola(Star Fruit )carob, cherry, custard apple (sugar apple), coconut, durian, fig, guava, grapefruit, jocote (spondias purpurea), jackfruit, Jujube,lemon, lime, longan, mandarins, mango, mangosteen, marang, mulberry, Nanches, nectarine, olive, orange, papaya, peach, persimmon, pitaya (dragonfruit), plum, pomegranate, quince, Rambutan, Sapodilla (Manilkara zapota or Sapota or Mamey), Strawberry Tree - Arbutus unedo, tamarillo (tree tomato)
- Nut trees such as almond,betel, brazil, cashew, chestnut, hazelnut, Macadamia, Mahogany, Pecan, pistachio, Walnut
- Achiote tree from which the condiment Annatto comes
- Banana, not technically a tree, but we're not going to be pedantic about that!
- Croton tree ( for it's nuts)
- Khat - for its leaves.
- Pacay also known as Ice Cream bean tree
- Tagua Palm (also known as Ivory Palms or Ivory-nut Palms )- nut is carved and known as vegetable ivory
Lets not forget that Trees are just beautiful too !
99+ messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Besnik received a loan from Helen to pay for the medical clinic expenses of his elderly mother, so that she will regain her health soon and live her last days peacefully.
Bryan received a loan from LPC to purchase input to grow coffee; to increase production; to improve his income and his family's quality of life.
Minor received a loan from Rob to buy supplies to take good care of his coffee plantation, improve his income and quality of life for him and his wife.
Microfinanzas Prisma received a loan from Rob this Field Partner support their over 8,000 cooperative members that have been impacted during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dulce Brisa Group received a loan from E.V. to buy eucalyptus seeds to be able to reforest 5 acres of land.
Kennex Group received a loan from Billy to purchase the ACE-1 hybrid energy system for cooking, lighting and charging in a way that is safer, cleaner and saves money.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.