Kiva Lending Team: Kiva U Schools
(Note: this team was formerly called "Kiva High School")
Kiva U Schools is an international network of students and their
respective chapters, unified by a belief that poverty can be alleviated and that
microfinance is an effective tool to achieve this end. Students organize chapters to join with like-minded students in their community and
around the country to raise money to battle poverty, not with sympathy, but with business transactions rooted in mutual dignity. Kiva U is guided by
these goals, which we affirm to be our mission:
• To inspire awareness of global issues, especially poverty and hunger;
• To bring together and subsequently organize students interested in fighting
• To encourage interest in microfinance as a tool to combat poverty;
• To raise money to invest in worthy entrepreneurs in developing states,
countering the predatory loaning practices so prevalent among the world's poorest regions;
• To develop in its members a sense of global responsibility;
• To enable others to become more aware of global issues such as poverty
and help them realize the power of microfinance;
• To establish a network of high school chapters around the country in which
this organization will be a central resource;
• To allow high school students to play a direct role in alleviating global
poverty through loans to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
Location: High Schools Across the United States
33 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Ghinwa Group received a loan from Marco to pay her university tuition fees for her second year, majoring in food laboratory.$775 to goLend Now
Lia received a loan from Stuttgart High School Kiva Chapter to purchase 280 water purifiers to sell to her fellow villagers, providing them with safe drinking water.
Jennie received a loan from BCP Microfinance Club me purchase equipment, improve and expand my workspace, hire employees, and gain working capital for my business.$3,600 to goLend Now
Aron received a loan from BCP Microfinance Club me to expand my shop and buy more inventory to support my family.$1,200 to goLend Now
Federico received a loan from BCP Microfinance Club me to change the location of my restaurant and expand our market and visibility.$2,500 to goLend Now
Mel received a loan from BCP Microfinance Club us to launch our business, ONCA, and to produce and release our first collection.$3,175 to goLend Now
Cirilo received a loan from BCP Microfinance Club me to expand my shop and pay more employees to support my family.
Zainab received a loan from Menahem and Tania to buy education materials and other items for operating the school.
Tra received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to build the latrine to improve the health of her family.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.