Kiva Lending Team: Kiva U Schools
(Note: this team was formerly called "Kiva High School")
Kiva U Schools is an international network of students and their
respective chapters, unified by a belief that poverty can be alleviated and that
microfinance is an effective tool to achieve this end. Students organize chapters to join with like-minded students in their community and
around the country to raise money to battle poverty, not with sympathy, but with business transactions rooted in mutual dignity. Kiva U is guided by
these goals, which we affirm to be our mission:
• To inspire awareness of global issues, especially poverty and hunger;
• To bring together and subsequently organize students interested in fighting
• To encourage interest in microfinance as a tool to combat poverty;
• To raise money to invest in worthy entrepreneurs in developing states,
countering the predatory loaning practices so prevalent among the world's poorest regions;
• To develop in its members a sense of global responsibility;
• To enable others to become more aware of global issues such as poverty
and help them realize the power of microfinance;
• To establish a network of high school chapters around the country in which
this organization will be a central resource;
• To allow high school students to play a direct role in alleviating global
poverty through loans to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
Location: High Schools Across the United States
33 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Ep Bugiga Group received a loan from Briggs @ Maisie Quinn to pay the second installment for the purchase of the school parcel.
Brothers Group received a loan from GP Comp IB to buy more merchandise (perfumes, lipsticks, creams).
Virgen Morenita Sr Group received a loan from GP Comp IB to purchase merchandise, books, magazines, and newspapers.
Los Nuevos Group received a loan from GP Comp IB to buy more stock such as mixers, blenders and irons.
Danaya Group received a loan from GP Comp IB to buy animals for resale in order to support their family.
Amahoro Cb Sub Grp A Group received a loan from GP Comp IB to buy tires with his portion of the loan.
Las 9 Rosas Group received a loan from GP Comp IB to buy three calves, food staples, and hygiene products for her grocery store and another part to make nacatamales, local dishes, and soft drinks that she sells in the cane fields.
Medalla Milagrosa Group received a loan from GP Comp IB to buy vegetables, meat, bread products, canned goods, cleaning products, and other additional products.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.