Kiva Lending Team: Kiva U Schools
(Note: this team was formerly called "Kiva High School")
Kiva U Schools is an international network of students and their
respective chapters, unified by a belief that poverty can be alleviated and that
microfinance is an effective tool to achieve this end. Students organize chapters to join with like-minded students in their community and
around the country to raise money to battle poverty, not with sympathy, but with business transactions rooted in mutual dignity. Kiva U is guided by
these goals, which we affirm to be our mission:
• To inspire awareness of global issues, especially poverty and hunger;
• To bring together and subsequently organize students interested in fighting
• To encourage interest in microfinance as a tool to combat poverty;
• To raise money to invest in worthy entrepreneurs in developing states,
countering the predatory loaning practices so prevalent among the world's poorest regions;
• To develop in its members a sense of global responsibility;
• To enable others to become more aware of global issues such as poverty
and help them realize the power of microfinance;
• To establish a network of high school chapters around the country in which
this organization will be a central resource;
• To allow high school students to play a direct role in alleviating global
poverty through loans to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
Location: High Schools Across the United States
33 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Ietmad received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to improve her work and buy some fodder for the chickens, and more chickens.
Anahit received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to refresh the assortment of summer season clothes for children in different colors and sizes.$1,175 to goLend Now
Mugumoini Self Help Group received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to buy more stock of used clothes to boost sales, hence an increase in income to pay for her children’s school fees.$600 to goLend Now
Milena received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to buy a new taxi car to enable her husband to continue his work.
Felicitas received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to buy products for her household, such as rice, sugar, milk, and pasta.
Eninah received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to buy seeds and start farming so that she can provide a better life to her seven children.
Nekmese Group received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to purchase more merchandise such as sandals, rice, sugar, instant noodles, soap, wheat, coffee, etc.$1,275 to goLend Now
Tatyana received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to diversify the variety of clothing she sells and to buy pants, suit jackets, and cardigans to sell.$450 to goLend Now
$575 to goLend Now
$300 to goLend Now
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.