Kiva Lending Team: Kiva U Schools
(Note: this team was formerly called "Kiva High School")
Kiva U Schools is an international network of students and their
respective chapters, unified by a belief that poverty can be alleviated and that
microfinance is an effective tool to achieve this end. Students organize chapters to join with like-minded students in their community and
around the country to raise money to battle poverty, not with sympathy, but with business transactions rooted in mutual dignity. Kiva U is guided by
these goals, which we affirm to be our mission:
• To inspire awareness of global issues, especially poverty and hunger;
• To bring together and subsequently organize students interested in fighting
• To encourage interest in microfinance as a tool to combat poverty;
• To raise money to invest in worthy entrepreneurs in developing states,
countering the predatory loaning practices so prevalent among the world's poorest regions;
• To develop in its members a sense of global responsibility;
• To enable others to become more aware of global issues such as poverty
and help them realize the power of microfinance;
• To establish a network of high school chapters around the country in which
this organization will be a central resource;
• To allow high school students to play a direct role in alleviating global
poverty through loans to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
Location: High Schools Across the United States
33 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Mary received a loan from kenneth to help expand her dairy farm by buying another dairy cow plus more feed.
Virgen De Guadalupe Rancho Group received a loan from kenneth to invest in a special industrial “binding” sewing machine.$2,150 to goLend Now
$2,125 to goLend Now
Mahbuba received a loan from Bridgman High School to pay for her son’s medication, with hopes of improving his health.$575 to goLend Now
Daria received a loan from Stuttgart High School Kiva Chapter to buy fertilizers for her coffee farm so that she gets good quality yields to improve on her income.
Ecaterina received a loan from Stuttgart High School Kiva Chapter to purchase a refrigerator to ensure healthy food for the family.$225 to goLend Now
Wende Benedo Group received a loan from GP Comp IB to strengthen his hardware business in order to provide for his family's needs.
Carmen Elena received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to purchase sheets and certain sewing materials.
Muhammad received a loan from Shauna to buy X Box games for his Internet Cafe in order to attract more customers.$1,575 to goLend Now
José Luis received a loan from Stuttgart High School Kiva Chapter to buy chickens, poultry feed, and vitamins.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.