Kiva Lending Team: Camfed
We loan because...
For more than 20 years, Camfed has helped educate girls in rural Africa and helped young women grow their own businesses. Women who receive Kiva Camfed loans receive both capital and business training. In exchange, they repay the lenders and, rather than paying monetary interest, they pay it forward with "social interest" by serving as teaching assistants in local high schools.
By supporting the unique partnership between Camfed and Kiva you are:
• funding 0% interest loans in exchange for the women sharing their
educational and entrepreneurial skills with the next generation
• giving young women entrepreneurs a chance to expand their businesses
• helping train women to be leaders in their communities
• giving women a chance to become economically self-reliant
• growing a network of ‘Learner Guides,’ or teaching mentors, who will
help guide the next generation of girls in Africa
The ultimate goal is to empower young women to break the cycle of poverty in their communities and countries. With education and access to business opportunities, the programs make women more self-reliant and successful.
The Camfed team supports Cama entrepreneurs living in rural sub-Saharan Africa who take the opportunities of our micro-loans and make them work in their lives and in the lives of their families.
Location: UK & USA Team website
13 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.