Kiva Lending Team: Atticus Finch - To Kill A Mockingbird
We loan because...
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - To Kill A Mockingbird is a 1962 American drama film adaptation of Harper Lee's novel of the same name. It stars Mary Badham in the role of Scout and Gregory Peck in the role of Atticus Finch.
In 1995, the film was listed in the National Film Registry. It also ranks twenty-fifth on the American Film Institute's 10th anniversary list of the greatest American movies of all time, and #1 on AFI's list of best courtroom films. In 2003, AFI named Atticus Finch the greatest movie hero of the 20th century.
- - - - - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Kill_a_Mockingbird_(film)
- - - - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Kill_a_Mockingbird
"But there is one way in this country in which all men are created equal - there is one human institution that makes a pauper the equal of a Rockefeller, the stupid man the equal of an Einstein, and the ignorant man the equal of any college president. That institution, gentlemen, is a court. It can be the Supreme Court of the United States or the humblest J.P. court in the land, or this honorable court which you serve. Our courts have their faults, as does any human institution, but in this country our courts are the great levelers, and in our courts all men are created equal."
- - - - *** Atticus is To Kill a Mockingbird's most upright character, representing the moral ideal of both a lawyer and a human being: he is brutally honest, highly moral, a tireless crusader for good causes (even hopeless ones), a virtual pacifist and, for the most part, devoid of any of the racial or class prejudices afflicting the other citizens of Maycomb. He goes to great pains to instruct his children on the importance of being open-minded, judicious, generous neighbors and citizens. He is eventually revealed to be an expert marksman, but he had chosen to keep this fact hidden from his children so that they would not in any way think of him as a man of violence. He was once the best shot in Maycomb County, but quit shooting because he felt he had an unfair advantage.
- - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atticus_Finch
Location: Maycomb County, Alabama Team website
23 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Caurie received a loan from Geoff this Field Partner support groups of women in Senegal whose livelihoods have been affected by the COVID-19 crisis.$403,725 to goLend Now
Lib Solar received a loan from Geoff to purchase solar home systems that will be financed for rural customers in Liberia.
Matumaini Group received a loan from Geoff to stock up her supplies with one sack of cassava flour and one sack of corn flour which will strengthen her initial capital.
Decisiones Group received a loan from Geoff to invest in her business making and selling cooked sausage so that she can one day have her own restaurant.
Rea received a loan from Geoff to add to her electronic wallet and provide mobile load and other mobile forms of payment for her customers.
Kuña Katupyry Group received a loan from Geoff to buy vegetables, meat, baked goods, tinned goods, dairy products and other goods.
Hala received a loan from Geoff to buy new goods like chips, rice, pasta, canned tuna, cheese, and canned butter to increase her sales.
Grupo União Group received a loan from Geoff to buy beverages in general, water, juice, and soft drinks.
Fortes Da Jacui Group received a loan from Geoff to buy women's clothing, skirts, dresses, and T-shirts.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.