Kiva Lending Team: Atticus Finch - To Kill A Mockingbird
We loan because...
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - To Kill A Mockingbird is a 1962 American drama film adaptation of Harper Lee's novel of the same name. It stars Mary Badham in the role of Scout and Gregory Peck in the role of Atticus Finch.
In 1995, the film was listed in the National Film Registry. It also ranks twenty-fifth on the American Film Institute's 10th anniversary list of the greatest American movies of all time, and #1 on AFI's list of best courtroom films. In 2003, AFI named Atticus Finch the greatest movie hero of the 20th century.
- - - - - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Kill_a_Mockingbird_(film)
- - - - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Kill_a_Mockingbird
"But there is one way in this country in which all men are created equal - there is one human institution that makes a pauper the equal of a Rockefeller, the stupid man the equal of an Einstein, and the ignorant man the equal of any college president. That institution, gentlemen, is a court. It can be the Supreme Court of the United States or the humblest J.P. court in the land, or this honorable court which you serve. Our courts have their faults, as does any human institution, but in this country our courts are the great levelers, and in our courts all men are created equal."
- - - - *** Atticus is To Kill a Mockingbird's most upright character, representing the moral ideal of both a lawyer and a human being: he is brutally honest, highly moral, a tireless crusader for good causes (even hopeless ones), a virtual pacifist and, for the most part, devoid of any of the racial or class prejudices afflicting the other citizens of Maycomb. He goes to great pains to instruct his children on the importance of being open-minded, judicious, generous neighbors and citizens. He is eventually revealed to be an expert marksman, but he had chosen to keep this fact hidden from his children so that they would not in any way think of him as a man of violence. He was once the best shot in Maycomb County, but quit shooting because he felt he had an unfair advantage.
- - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atticus_Finch
Location: Maycomb County, Alabama Team website
9 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Nat Ywar Village received a loan from Geoff to purchase fertilizer and compost to improve sandy soil conditions.0% repaid
Hompan Group received a loan from Geoff to purchase TerraClear water filters so they can have access to safe drinking water.
Thar Si Village received a loan from Geoff to help 71 villagers purchase high quality fertilizer and pesticides that will enrich and protect their crops.0% repaid
Possible Jayagadh Health Clinic received a loan from Geoff to pay for solar equipment that will provide reliable energy at their health clinic.
Cesar Enmanuel received a loan from Chandler Johnson to settle a debt with another institution and for personal expenses.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.