Change a woman's life with a loan.
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)A 41-year-old Thuzar (first from the right) is a religious woman who also devotes herself to agriculture. She shares her life with her four family members (including her ch...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- Fruits & VegetablesPeruThe member belongs to the QORY ORCCO-PUCYURA communal bank.
Hilda is 45 years old and is single. She varies her daily activities, dedicating herself to her business se...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- RestaurantTanzaniaJane, who is in her mid 30s, is married with two school-going children. For eight years, she has been a cashier and operator of her very own restaurant. Jane's restaurant i...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- TailoringPakistanIram is a 28-year-old working woman who lives with her spouse and two children in the area of Multan, Pakistan. The income generated by her husband is insufficient to cover...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaWe can say with confidence that Valentina is one of the loyal clients of our institution. This is her eighth loan and each of them has helped her to build the house where s...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Albania
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,308 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.