Change a woman's life with a loan.
- Food MarketSierra LeoneSalamatu, a 49-year-old woman, works hard to support her family. She earns her income through her food business. Salamatu and her group members are borrowing SLL 4,000,000,...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- Clothing SalesLebanonRawaa works in selling used and new clothes from home. She is a married Lebanese woman who lives with her husband and five kids in a rented apartment in Baabda area, Lebano...Read their story >Funding via Ibdaa Microfinance
- Secretarial ServicesUgandaBeatrice is an enterprising single parent who deals in stationery and more so text books sales in Kampala. She has grown her business from scratch and she recalls that it h...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- FarmingPeruAlicia belongs to “REYNA DE LOS ANGELES DE URQUILLOS” communal bank. It is located in Huayllabamba district, Urubamba province, department of Cusco.
...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- FarmingKenyaPerseverance, faith, honest work, and responsibility led Irene to start practicing mixed farming 10 years ago. As the key breadwinner of her family, with a husband and one ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,714 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.