Change a woman's life with a loan.
- General StorePhilippinesHelen is 42 years old, married, and has five children. To make living, she is engaging herself in buy-and-sell of fruits and vegetables in their village. While managing the...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
- Beauty SalonPalestineHanan, who appears in the photo, is 26 years old from a village near Bethlehem city in West Bank. She has two adorable daughters. She loves them more than her life. She tri...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- PoultryColombiaMaria is a single woman, head of a family of three children. She works independently in the farming business, which has allowed her to improve her quality of life and chang...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- RickshawPakistanWAHEEDA is a fifty-seven year old woman who is living with her spouse and eight children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is pictured with her husband and his auto rick...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingKenyaDamaris, pictured above, has been a farmer for 18 years, and is now proud to represent her group of 14 farmers in Matete District. She is 38 years old, is married and has 1...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,547 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.