Joseph...Read their story >
Change a woman's life with a loan.
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesJosephine is a married woman with nine children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Josephine is 45 years old and has six children who are in school.
Joseph...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Food Production/SalesBoliviaPetrona is a 55 year old single woman. She has two adult children who are independent. Her business is selling popcorn.
Her work takes place in the working-class...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- Personal Medical ExpensesArmeniaThis nice lady is 27 years old and her name is Susanna. She lives in Yerevan. Susanna is a very clever young lady who has achieved higher education twice; she is a historia...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorFlor lives in her parents' house with them. She is the single mother of two children. As a responsible woman, she takes on working to have economic resources with which to ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- FarmingKenyaLeonida is a hardworking, dedicated and honest 29-year-old dairy farmer. As the key breadwinner of her family, with a husband and two children, she farms a small plot of la...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,221 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.