Change a woman's life with a loan.
- FishingPhilippinesFor many years, Nida and her husband have been engaged in a fishing business to earn a living. They live in Carles, Iloilo, where most people in the community are involved ...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Food Production/SalesArmeniaGet to know Azniv!
Azniv is a 32-year-old, single mother from Gyumri. She is a hardworking woman. Azniv is the only breadwinner in her family of three. She works at th...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- AgricultureTajikistanMaysara is very thankful for the previous loan. She purchased mineral fertilizers and used them purposefully.
Currently Maysara has another empty plot of land, ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- RetailKenyaMwaka is a married woman with three children, two of whom attend school. She owns a house that has no electricity but has piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorLeydi appears in the photograph with her husband and daughter. Her husband makes a living through agriculture and her daughter is still not in school. She studied through t...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,775 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.