Change a woman's life with a loan.
- Higher education costsLebanonRowaida used her first loan for the intended purpose: she bought a tattoo machine and some other beauty equipment, and she was able to sustain and develop her business.
Read their story >Funding via Ibdaa Microfinance
- Fish SellingKenyaLilian is a family lady who is 33 years old. She is a proud mother of one child and they live happily in Muhororni town. Lilian owns a clothes-selling business and is a fis...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- PigsKenyaThe lady raising her hand in the photo is Elizabeth. She is 61 years old, married and blessed with four children. She is a member of Kiambari group, which joined Hand in Ha...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- FarmingKenyaDear Kiva lenders,
Priscah is a happily married woman. She lives in the Eldoret area of Kenya and has two children. Her family is the greatest thing in her life ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaRoselyne is a happily married lady and a mother of three children.
Roselyne is a farmer who has been engaged in agribusiness for the last 20 years. She is passio...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,609 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.