She operates a farm where she grows potatoes, maize, and beans. She has bee...Read their story >
Change a woman's life with a loan.
- FarmingKenyaNancy is a married woman. She has four children. She describes herself to be honest.
She operates a farm where she grows potatoes, maize, and beans. She has bee...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- AgricultureEl SalvadorGenara, 59 years old, is a very hard-working person. She did not complete any academic education since her parents did not send her to study due to the lack of economic res...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Charcoal SalesSierra LeoneCommoners is a group that has come together to help themselves achieve their individual dreams by attaining a loan to improve their sales. Isatu is the leader and the featu...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- General StoreSamoaKalameli is 50 years old and married with 7 children. She owns and operates a small store, selling a variety of items. She has been doing this for six years.
Ka...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- RetailNicaraguaLas Musas" are requesting a loan from ADIM and the Kiva members. Coming from a rural area of the country, they joined together to be able to help their families get ahead. ...Read their story >Funding via ADIM (Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres)
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,704 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.