Change a woman's life with a loan.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaritza said her family situation is the same and her economic situation has improved. She's also very grateful for the support of the previous loan because she was able t...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- TailoringPakistanThis is Rabia, a young lady living in Gujrat, Pakistan with her family. She is a hardworking lady and has been working as a tailor for many years. She is a professional tai...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- CerealsKenyaTeresa, who is 45 years old, is a charismatic young woman and a strong example of hard work. She is a farmer and salesperson who has access to many sellers throughout the ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- HardwareKenyaGladys is a happily married lady who lives in Eldoret with her family. She has 3 children who are in school and they live a happy life. Gladys sells household products such...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Food Production/SalesTogoViviane is a 31-year-old married woman, who lives in Baguida with her four children. She runs a small restaurant along the side of a road, where she sells fried yams and pa...Read their story >Funding via Assilassimé Solidarité
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,175 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.