Change a woman's life with a loan.
- Charcoal SalesKenyaFatuma is a married woman. She has five children. She describes herself to be committed. She operates a retail business where she sells charcoal. She has been involved ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StorePakistanRaheela is the age of 27 and she is mother of a single child and living in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband has been running a general store in which he sells rice, sugar,...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndiaPurnima is a married lady standing in the middle of the photograph. She hails from a small village of Jharsuguda, Odisha, India. Her husband works as a farmer on the small ...Read their story >Funding via People's Forum
- Office SuppliesVietnamMrs Hồng is 47 years old and she is married with 2 children. She has had a retail business selling office supplies for 8 years. She is planning to hire more workers in the ...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- Fruits & VegetablesTajikistanThis single woman is named Mahbuba. She is 42 and divorced from her husband, now living alone with her son. But she doesn't consider herself lonely because she has a grown ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,195 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.