Trustee: CUESA (Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture)
San Francisco, CA
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- By becoming a trustee we can help direct needed funding to our network of producers who sell at our farmers market, allowing them to fund projects to make their businesses more sustainable.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Our mission is to cultivate a sustainable food system through the operation of farmers markets (supporting small local sustainable food producers) and education programs.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Our market sellers will send us a proposal, which will be screened first by staff, and then ultimately must be approved by our Market Policy Committee or Executive Committee, before we endorse them. The proposal must include a description of what the funds are for, an explanation of how it will help them make their businesses more sustainable (per our mission), and their plan for how they will repay the loan. We will also only endorse those of our sellers who have a proven history of paying us their farmers market fees in a timely manner.
About CUESA (Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture)
All Loans for this Trustee