Trustee: Center for the Acceleration of African American Business
St. Louis, MO
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- The Center for the Acceleration of African American Business (CAAAB) is an independent nonprofit providing business technical assistance to small disadvantaged African American Businesses. The technical assistance and business capacity building program of CAAAB provides transfer of knowledge and increases business acumen of its clients. However, a major challenge of CAAAB is directing its clients to capital sources because of biased lender laws and lack of asset based collateral among this business group. Partnership with Kiva can bridge that gap because of its individual donor base and less limiting lender laws and requirements.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- CAAAB’s primary mission is to elevate the status of disadvantaged minority businesses and entrepreneurs and make them level players in the local, national, and global marketplace. The Center’s goal is also to use entrepreneurship as a tool for fostering economic independence among at risk and impoverished population.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
About Center for the Acceleration of African American Business
All Loans for this Trustee