Trustee: Quesada Gardens Initiative
San Francisco, CA
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- I live and work in a neighborhood that's rich with savvy makers, but relatively poor, financially and in other ways. From personal experience, I know that one small success with building the social, cultural and economic strength of an under-served neighborhood can have an enormous ripple effect. Kiva Zip holds the potential for many small successes, and for the creation of a more just and sustainable world.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The Quesada Gardens Initiative builds community strength from the grassroots, up. By focusing on people instead of agendas, and strengths instead of problems, the organization grows the social cohesion necessary for improved health, a sustainable environment, and a more socially just and livable place. As a part of its community building mission, Quesada Gardens Initiative co-founded the Bayview Footprints Network of Community Building Groups, and maintains a community communications network which includes the neighborhood's longest-running blog, bi-weekly news that reaches thousands, and an online hub of community resources.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- I live and work in the neighborhood where the potential borrowers I would recommend also live and work. Quesada Gardens Initiative's strategic plan calls for the launch of a "General Store" for entrepreneurs who are designing and producing products in our part of the City, an exciting project that we are actively implementing. The due diligence we are doing through our network of highly-involved community members will ensure both the future success of the “General Store," and the strength of potential Kiva Zip borrowers I may recommend.
About Quesada Gardens Initiative
All Loans for this Trustee