Trustee: Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- We work with immigrants from around the world who face many challenges in starting businesses in the US. The most common challenge is access to finance and we strongly believe that Kiva Zip will be a great option. Based on our experience, our entrepreneur clients are strong candidates for credit and we have no doubt in their ability to repay every cent borrowed.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians connects newly arrived individuals from around the world with the economic opportunities that they need to succeed in the Philadelphia region. We believe that a steady influx of new customers, workers and entrepreneurs can reinvigorate Pennsylvania’s aging population, renew its neighborhoods, and re-energize our economy. By making Pennsylvania a magnet for immigrants, we will become a more vibrant, more creative, and more dynamic competitor in today’s global economy.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- We work very closely with a micro-lending agency (community development financial institution) in our city and we rely on their expertise to help ensure due diligence on the clients that we short list for endorsement. The clients we endorse are those who have proved to be: Trustworthy and of impeccable character; Have viable business ideas; Great members of their community; Willing to learn new ideas to grow their business; Good credit rating; Have businesses with greater social impact; Able to repay the money they borrow.
About Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
Trustee type: Nonprofit Economic Development
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Time on Kiva: September 22, 2013 (41 months)
Total loans: $13,500
Paying on time: Not enough data
Paying back late: Not enough data
Repayment rate: 92%
All Loans for this Trustee