Trustee: Andrea Baker Consulting
San Francisco, CA
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- I have spent most of my adult life starting businesses or working with others to start their own successful business. I my current work we support new and emerging businesses in revitalized commercial corridors. I encounter many businesses that could be helped by a Kiva loan; and I would luike to be able to introduce those businesses to the Kiva opportunity. Additionally, I really like and respect the Kiva model as a sustainable resource for small new and growing businesses.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Our mission is to identify new and emerging businesses and connecting them with development and growth opportunities.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Potential borrowers will have exhibited a commitment to their business - they have been doing it for some period of time; have noted and learned from the experience - and is always thinking about how to improve their business. An operator who has a business plan, recognizes that it is a living document that is most effective when adjusted to reflect actual experiences and trends. An operator who documents and can speak to how the changes they are making are affecting their business model and their bottom line. An operator who despite their tiredness is energized by discussion of their business and plans for the future.
About Andrea Baker Consulting
Trustee type: Business Development, Program Development And Community Outreach
Location: San Francisco, CA
Time on Kiva: September 16, 2013 (36 months)
Total loans: $5,000
Repaid in full: Not enough data
Defaulted: Not enough data
Repayment rate: Not enough data
All Loans for this Trustee