Trustee: The Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Foundation (VAHCC) (VAHCCF)
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- The Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Foundation aims to help people that are in need, much like KIVA. We provide services mostly for Hispanics who need direction through educational programs, business workshops and legal clinics. We are constantly connecting our members with organizations and businesses to help them on to a path of success. We are very interested in becoming a Trustee because this is another way we can help those that deserve assistance and want to be successful but just need a little help getting there. KIVA and VAHCC have a lot in common, together we can change lives for the better.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The mission of the Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation (VAHCCF) is to provide the Hispanic community with education and information to successfully integrate themselves into the Commonwealth of Virginia. We accomplish this by providing information and resources that lead to the economic and social well-being of Latinos throughout their integration into the community and culture. Now more than ever, we understand the need for strong alliances within this challenging economy. With the support of sponsors, we are able to offer business education, consulting and mentorship services, employment notification, matching and consultation services; and immigration, advocacy and legal services. Our programs, by strengthening the minority business sector, are not only relevant to Hispanic businesses, but also to the corporations who wish to do business with them.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- When choosing borrowers we will look for individuals that we think have potential and that are in our system as a member or potential member. We will see how viable their plan is and we will connect them with other members who are able to assist them in creating a strategic plan as well as provide them with technical assistance. We will have them meet with someone such as SCOR, SBA, or the Chamber to receive technical assistance to help develop and grow their business.
About The Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Foundation (VAHCC) (VAHCCF)
All Loans for this Trustee