Trustee: Bi-Rite Market
San Francisco, CA
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- To help support more entrepreneurship, especially in the food sector.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Our mission is Creating Community through Food. We believe that food does more than nourish: food brings people together. We think it’s our responsibility to build meaningful relationships with each part of our extended family; the food we make and sell connects our staff, our guests, our producers and the environment. In this way, we “create community through food”.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- I would not endorse anybody I have not had a prior business relationship with. Ideally, I will be supporting a network of producers we currently do business with so we can be a constant resource of sales, feedback and information for them. I would want only endorse those that are excellent at what they do, have shown the ability to commit, to communicate effectively, and to serve their community. I would want to know how they plan to use the loan, to see their proforma so I can understand how the loan will help grow their business and to see how they plan to repay it.
About Bi-Rite Market
All Loans for this Trustee