Trustee: City of Foster City
Foster City, CA
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- The City of Foster City is committed to expanding financial opportunities to our small business and micro-enterprise community, who might otherwise be unable to access capital. By investing in our small- and micro-enterprise community we enhance the economic vitality of our community.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- As part of our “Sustainable Foster City” initiative, we strive to create a sustainable local economy that is self-renewing, and encourage a wide variety of community-serving businesses that support a thriving community.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- City Staff will work closely with borrowers and Kiva representatives to determine loan eligibility using the following criteria: 1) Verification of business ownership, 2) Requirement of a minimum two-year lease agreement with landlord and/or property ownership, 3) Verification of income and debt ratios using data provided by borrower in the Kiva loan application, 4) Review business plans
About City of Foster City
All Loans for this Trustee