Trustee: eDev Entrepreneurial Development Services
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- We seek a means for micro-entrepreneurs in our community to access capital for their businesses during their development. Start-ups need capital to begin operations while existing businesses need capital for growth. The earlier the business in its development, the more the need for capital that is accessible. We believe the Kiva Zip offers a potential way to access that funds that fits the needs of early stage businesses.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- eDev’s mission is to strengthen the skills of entrepreneurs and emerging businesses and guide them to higher performance and business sustainability that achieve their goals. Through strong partnerships, collaboration and active community participation, eDev promotes the value of owner-operated entrepreneurship in the region.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Borrowers must have a relationship with eDev which is formed on trust and learning. eDev targets micro-entrepreneurs that want to be successful and understand that learning is a continual journey. The projects that are eventually funded will depends heavily on the knowledge and skills of the entrepreneur carrying them out. We will want to evaluate a potential borrowers skills and their plan to execute their project. If the borrower lacks knowledge and skills we will help them to acquire those skills and prepare for their project.
About eDev Entrepreneurial Development Services
All Loans for this Trustee