Trustee: Hacienda Community Development Corporation
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- We have a growing micro-enterprise development program, targeting Latino immigrant entrepreneurs in Portland, Oregon. We currently have about 70 micro-enterprises engaged in our training and support program, and are working to develop a Latino public market slated to open in 2014 (www.portlandmercado.com
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Hacienda CDC is a Latino Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement and educational opportunities.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- We will only endorse entrepreneurs active and engaged in our micro-enterprise training program, and who have proven their commitment and responsible behavior as entrepreneurs. Hacienda has a comprehensive micro-enterprise training and support program for Latino entrepreneurs, that includes 4.5 FTE staff, classes, specialized trainings, one-on-one technical assistance, access to Individual Development Accounts (IDAs), and access to a licensed commercial kitchen for food-based businesses. Our model is to have a 2-3 year relationship with the entrepreneur, and stay engaged as they advance through different stages of micro-business development.
About Hacienda Community Development Corporation
All Loans for this Trustee