Trustee: Kay Brockwell
Hot Springs, Garland County, AR
- What is your profession?
- economic development
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- I think it's important to give entrepreneurs every possible access to capital, and Kiva represents a way to connect with many underserved borrowers.
- Tell us about your profession or other relevant background.
- As director of economic development for Hot Springs, Arkansas, I work to grow the economy through assisting businesses in starting up, expanding in or relocating to our area.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- I will be professionally and/or personally acquainted with the borrowers I endorse. I will familiarize myself with their operations and their business and financial history. I will seek a credit check, and will talk to creditors about their relationship with the prospects. I will assess the likelihood of the business' success by talking to bankers and other business people. I will visit the proposed business location personally to determine its condition. I will review a pro forma cash flow projection.
About Kay Brockwell
Trustee type: N/A
Location: Hot Springs, Garland County, AR
Time on Kiva: March 4, 2013 (48 months)
Total loans: $5,000
Repaid in full: Not enough data
Defaulted: Not enough data
Repayment rate: Not enough data
All Loans for this Trustee