Trustee: Joseph Bute
- What is your profession?
- Investment Professional
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- I have been an active lender to KIVA at the international level and would like to become more active in supporting businesses closer to home.
- Tell us about your profession or other relevant background.
- Twenty years investing in lower middle market companies, over $200 million invested. Twenty years in community development in Pittsburgh, Chicago and the Bay Area. Conducted entrepreneurial training programs in several cities.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Evaluate the business's probability of success in their market. Evaluate the skill set of the entrepreneur and also their personal investment of time and money into the business. Assess whether this passes the "passion" test for them - is it something they love doing and really want to commit their time to? Evaluate their peer support network and the community assets that they are leveraging.
About Joseph Bute
All Loans for this Trustee