Trustee: The Root Cafe
Little Rock, AR
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Through food, education, and community, The Root Cafe is striving to make Little Rock and the South Main neighborhood a better place to live by creating a more just, sustainable, and delicious food system for central Arkansas. By working with Kiva Zip we hope to create opportunities for others in our community who share the same and other like-minded goals.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Building Community Through Local Food!
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- We seek to endorse borrowers whose business, organization, or project will make Little Rock a better place to live, with an eye specifically toward improving the local food system and the local hospitality industry. Most borrowers will be people and organizations we know from the community; when this is not the case we will conduct a thorough investigation to understand background and motivation, personal and work history, and fiscal accountability and integrity. In both cases we will examine the merits of the proposed project and its potential for positive impact on the borrower and the community.
About The Root Cafe
All Loans for this Trustee