Trustee: CAMBA, Inc.
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Kiva has done incredible work in many developing countries, and it’s a great opportunity for us to partner with Kiva Zip in the United States. Kiva Zip will help many of our clients who are considered un-bankable and cannot access capital to start their business. Kiva Zip generates direct lender-to-borrower relationships, which will help our clients build a business network beyond their community and help them establish credit.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- CAMBA’s mission is to provide services that connect people with the opportunities to enhance their quality of life. CAMBA is one of Brooklyn’s largest community-based organizations, with an annual budget of about $100 million and a diverse and dedicated staff of more than 1,200 employees. We serve over 45,000 individuals and families each year through an array of over 150 programs in six distinct program areas: Economic Development, Education and Youth Development, Family Support, Health, Housing Services and Development, and Legal Services. CAMBA Small Business Services supports business owners and entrepreneurs in Brooklyn. We provide business training classes, microloans, and one-on-one counseling.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- The borrowers we work with have each gone through our business training workshops/classes. We have also provided one-on-one counseling to them prior to helping them with financing their business. Through significant training and counseling, we gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the borrower’s character and their financial situation. We only endorse borrowers who meet our high standards such as attending our 10-week course or consistently attending counselors meeting and achieving each task given.
About CAMBA, Inc.
All Loans for this Trustee