Trustee: University Incubator
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- We are interested in helping student entrepreneurs develop their interests and passions into product and services so they can "create their own job by the time they graduate." University Incubator was created to provide students with the financing and guidance to become self-reliant entrepreneurs capable of serving their communities by bringing their creations to market.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- University Incubator's mission is to facilitate access to low/no cost capital and provide mentorship and develop relationships within the broader entrepreneurial community.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- We have associations with nearly every entrepreneurship focused organization at UC Berkeley and we conduct outreach to on-campus student groups, entrepreneurship fraternities and campus-affiliated programs for entrepreneurs such as Berkeley SkyDeck and Agora Start-up House. We will evaluate potential borrowers on the basis of their business idea, their experience and creditworthiness as well as through interviewing their peers within the organizations they are associated with. We will emphasize that while loans are not collateralized, there is a moral obligation to repay borrowed monies irrespective of the outcome of the business.
About University Incubator
All Loans for this Trustee