Trustee: Northern Virginia Family Service
Falls Church, VA
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Becoming a trustee will allow the Small Business Program to further its mission to support the economic success of potential and existing entrepreneurs. We are leaders in entrepreneurship education, business plan development, and small business support, catering to the local low-income Hispanic entrepreneurs. We know that Kiva Zip will add to the opportunities that we offer aspiring and existing small business owners.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- To empower individuals and families to improve their quality of life and to promote community cooperation and support in responding to family needs.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- We will work with the applicant to create a personal financial statement and a business cash flow projection for the next year of business operations. We will ask for proof of income (tax returns) and run a free credit report to determine the soundness of the applicant's personal finances. During individual consulting sessions, we will be able to evaluate the character of the borrower and feasibility of the business idea. For individuals who need to more fully develop their idea, we will assist them with creating a business plan and will encourage everyone to enroll in entrepreneurship classes.
About Northern Virginia Family Service
All Loans for this Trustee