Trustee: Thurston Law Firm
San Francisco, CA
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- I am an attorney with a law practice in San Francisco providing legal services to small businesses, entrepreneurs, and start-ups. I have a particular interest in helping social enterprises achieve their social-mission oriented goals. I often work with clients to develop sustainable financial models that include new forms of equitable investing and capital to support such growth. The current rise in impact investing supports the burgeoning community of investors interested in supporting social ventures and companies that have a positive impact on economic development, job creation, and a host of other important social causes.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Thurston Law Firm is a law practice providing direct legal services to small businesses, non-profits, and social enterprises. With deep roots in the San Francisco community, our firm was built on the philosophy of promoting social impact through innovation. Our professionals have diverse backgrounds in both public interest and corporate law, a skill-set that we leverage to help our clients confront their legal challenges at each stage of growth. Every year, we hold workshops, author research, and engage practice groups to promote an awareness of key issues facing social enterprises. We strongly believe that empowering entrepreneurs with accessible legal knowledge is essential for driving economic and social change in our communities.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- I have a large client base of start-ups and social entrepreneurs seeking capital to fund social ventures. I work closely with clients to develop realistic and sustainable financing structures involving both debt and equity, and that incorporate alternative methods of financing such as crowdfunding. As such, I have access to clients’ revenue forecasts and other financial projections that assist me in determining whether a client has the financial means to cover debt repayments. If, after review of a business plan, financial records, and my own experience with the client, I feel confident that the client can repay the loan, I may offer my endorsement as a Trustee.
About Thurston Law Firm
All Loans for this Trustee