Trustee: US Federation of Worker Cooperatives
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- The members of the US Federation of Worker Cooperatives are member-owned businesses that often have difficulty finding funding from traditional lenders. We want to offer Kiva as an alternative lender as well as use it as an opportunity to practice loan readiness and strategic planning.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The Federation advocates on behalf of its members, organizes peer learning such as conferences and webinars, and offer free resources and tools to worker cooperatives. It also houses a project called DAWN, which is a network of advisors trained especially to support worker cooperatives.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- In addition to requiring core financials such as a budget, sales forecast, and cash flow, we will evaluate the social impact of the co-op and the soundness of the business plan assumptions.
About US Federation of Worker Cooperatives
All Loans for this Trustee