Trustee: Washington, DC Women's Business Center
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- The DC WBC provides training and counseling to women entrepreneurs that are in need of capital to start and grow their businesses. We also work with women who are economically and socially disadvantaged and have very limited options to fund their microbusinesses. As a Trustee, DC WBC would be able to continue our support for women entrepreneurs through endorsement of their businesses for funding.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The mission of the DC Women’s Business Center (DC WBC) is to empower women to build strong businesses.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- The DC WBC will endorse borrowers who have completed our intensive business development courses that include 15-27 hours of business training. Our borrowers will also be required to participate in one-on-one lending preparation counseling. We will check for a complete business plan with financial projections that include a loan repayment schedule. We will also check for appropriate business licensing, management, experience, and past performance. We serve as personal assistants to our clients and we are intimately involved in their business start-up and growth. This includes a full understanding of their business finances and operational challenges.
About Washington, DC Women's Business Center
All Loans for this Trustee