Trustee: Family Independence Initiative
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Kiva Zip represents a way to respond to the unmet demand for credit from working-poor families. The tightening of credit markets and emerging stringent underwriting standards have made it challenging for most FII participants to access loans to start or expand their businesses.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- FII supports family- and community-led action, which grounds the ownership of solutions with the people most capable of creating sustainable change. FII's mission is to create an opportunity rich environment that invests resources in low-income communities based on the strengths and initiative they demonstrate towards improving their lives and others' lives in their communities. FII tests and advocates for a new set of policies and practices that support community initiative while still protecting the current needs-based system for those in crisis.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
About Family Independence Initiative
Trustee type: Non-profit Organization Investing In Social And Economic Mobility
Location: Oakland, CA
Time on Kiva: January 29, 2012 (61 months)
Total loans: $11,950
Repayment rate: 94%
All Loans for this Trustee