Trustee: DC Small Business Development Center Network
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- The DC SBDC Network is an outreach program of Howard University, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and community organizations, to provide free management and technical assistance and affordable training in all phases of business development to DC residents and/or businesses. Each year, one-on-one consulting is provided to thousands of small business owners, managers and aspiring entrepreneurs. Many of our clients do not meet the criteria for traditional lending.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- The District of Columbia Small Business Development Center Network is committed to a dynamic interactive business consulting, educational training and information system that delivers the resources, tools, and management disciplines that small businesses need to turn their visions of success into reality and enhance their company's profitability.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Clients who have successfully completed business plans with our consultants or have had their plans reviewed by our staff and can justify financial need will be targeted. Potential borrowers will also be identified based on geography...as there are underserved areas of the city that have traditionally been ignored by traditional lending institutions. A complete plan must be in place which will also include repayment strategy as part of their financial plan.
About DC Small Business Development Center Network
Trustee type: Small BusinessTechnical Assistance
Location: Washington, DC
Time on Kiva: August 17, 2012 (50 months)
Total loans: $0
Repaid in full: Not enough data
Defaulted: Not enough data
Repayment rate: Not enough data
All Loans for this Trustee