Trustee: El Pájaro Community Development Corporation (EPCDC)
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- We aim to create expanded opportunities for Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey County entrepreneurs to successfully start or grow their businesses and continue to support the economic development of our local communities.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Our mission is to "promote equal access to economic opportunity" by transforming lives through entrepreneurship and business development. Our organization serves as an economic engine, drawing from and building on the communities' cultural assets and foundations, contributing to local entrepreneurship and the communities' economic growth and revitalization.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- We only endorse our own clients on Kiva Zip, who become clients after receiving 7 or more hours of consulting services or training from us. Prior to our Kiva Zip endorsement, we will require our clients complete our Business Planning course and or formalize their business plan with financial projections, and create a business feasibility plan. We have extended relationships with the potential borrowers, who are, in the end, our well-established clients. As part of our own due diligence, we will request the same paperwork for potential borrowers as we request for our own loan application process. We look at tax returns, income, bank accounts, etc. if they are available, but we also heavily consider their character, motivation and commitment after working with them for a period of time.
About El Pájaro Community Development Corporation (EPCDC)
All Loans for this Trustee