Trustee: Women's Business Center at Mi Casa Resource Center
- Why are you interested in becoming a Trustee?
- Mi Casa's Business Center guides entrepreneurs through the process of launching a business, helping to navigate the business landscape, understand the regulations, write a viable business plan, and access other community resources to maximize chances for a successful launch. The Business Center serves low and moderate income business owners; our target market consists of women, minority and Latino entrepreneurs. The majority of entrepreneurs and business owners are startups, have credit problems, and have limited collateral. In consequence they are not able to get traditional funding. Mi Casa would like to offer alternative sources of funding to small business owners who have completed our business plan development program, as well as existing business owners who receive regular consultation, but cannot fund the launch or expansion of their businesses through traditional sources.
- What is the mission of your organization?
- Mi Casa Resource Center is one of the oldest and largest Latino-serving nonprofit organizations in Colorado. Mi Casa works to advance the economic success of Latino and other working families by expanding opportunities for educational, professional and entrepreneurial advancement. Mi Casa pursues an integrated program strategy comprised of Career, Business, and Youth & Family Development services to help families achieve lasting economic prosperity.
Borrower Due Diligence
- How will you decide who to endorse as a borrower? What due diligence will you conduct?
- Ideal customers will be existing businesses (1 to 5 years) who have regular and consistent sales, have a basic recordkeeping system, and commit to regular business technical assistance meetings. The business center will create a profile of the ideal client that will be used for recruiting of participants. Clients will graduate from one of our business classes (10-weeks for existing business; 14-weeks for start-ups) to help with business plan development and management of the business growth and expansion. At registration, clients will provide income documentation, business registration documentation, business bank statements and financials (if available).
About Women's Business Center at Mi Casa Resource Center
All Loans for this Trustee