Connect with Kiva's lender community
Lending teams are self-organized groups built around common interests, school affiliation or location.
Join as many teams as you'd like, and rally around shared lending goals by counting each of your loans at checkout toward the team's impact.
To get started, simply join an existing team or create a new one and invite your friends!
- 6 members have lent $47,700 in 1,133 loansVancouver, BC and Bellingham, WA Category: Other Team since: Jun, 2009We loan because: microcredit has proven itself one of the best ways to support economic and social justice on a sustainable scale and where it matters - in the community. We are so impressed with Kiva's approach and successes so…
- 9 members have lent $36,425 in 1,430 loansNew York Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: We have met so many wonderful people in our visits to developing nations, and we greatly appreciate this opportunity to help them during our wedding celebration.
- 29 members have lent $30,200 in 1,050 loansCategory: Events Team since: Dec, 2008We loan because: we're celebrating Viji and Lewis' journey together
- 16 members have lent $20,175 in 681 loansNew Mexico Category: Families Team since: Feb, 2014We loan because: Through our travels around the world, we have been lucky to meet many wonderful people. In celebration of our own happy occasion, we want to spread the love to people near and far.
- 26 members have lent $19,200 in 554 loansSeattle, WA Category: Other Team since: Feb, 2011We loan because: Wedding
- 10 members have lent $18,050 in 708 loansLafayette, Colorado Category: Events Team since: Apr, 2009We loan because: It's a great opportunity to make a difference in the world.
- 42 members have lent $16,475 in 570 loansHong Kong Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: This is a wonderful charity and would love the opportunity to do our bit to help alleviate poverty.
- 2 members have lent $14,825 in 574 loansLondon Category: Events Team since: Oct, 2009We loan because: by taking on a debt a borrower develops confidence, motivation, and self respect. Outright gifts/aid fosters a dependent mindset which undermines personal development.
- 11 members have lent $13,300 in 239 loansWhere there is love Category: Friends Team since: Jan, 2010
- 4 members have lent $12,475 in 496 loansSydney, Australia Category: Families Team since: Apr, 2011We loan because: We care and want to give others in need the opportunity to improve their lives.