Connect with Kiva's lender community
Lending teams are self-organized groups built around common interests, school affiliation or location.
Join as many teams as you'd like, and rally around shared lending goals by counting each of your loans at checkout toward the team's impact.
To get started, simply join an existing team or create a new one and invite your friends!
- 1,109 members have lent $509,550 in 14,041 loansHarvard-Westlake School, 3700 Coldwater Canyon Ave Studio City, CA 91604 Category: Schools Team since: Sep, 2013We loan because: we want to help those in need. This project is in honor of our Aunt Kim who is battling breast cancer. She is a giving and selfless person, and we are making loans to budding entrepreneurs in extension of that spirit of…
- 136 members have lent $281,100 in 10,301 loansCategory: Schools Team since: Nov, 2008We loan because: Live simply that others may simply live. -Gandhi.
Here is a video of why we loan:
We must be the change we wish to see in…
- 115 members have lent $276,300 in 10,594 loansAndover, MN Category: Schools Team since: Mar, 2009We loan because: We know we can change the world.
- 187 members have lent $263,550 in 3,417 loansStrathcona High School Category: Schools Team since: Nov, 2011We loan because: We want to help others write a better story for their lives. We want to leave a powerful legacy that will make a difference in the world.
- 130 members have lent $180,075 in 5,420 loansHonolulu Category: Schools Team since: Aug, 2008We loan because: Microloans are part of lesson of the Senior CapSEEDS course which stands for Social entrepreneurship, Economics, Environment, Deeds of service, and Sustainable solutions. Microloans are encompassed in attributes of the…
- 86 members have lent $179,650 in 7,083 loansSt. Louis Category: Schools Team since: Nov, 2009We loan because: John Burroughs School emphasizes the importance of giving back to others. Loaning to independent businesses in other less affluent countries is our way of helping not only the community but also the rest of the world.
- 63 members have lent $174,350 in 6,489 loansLos Gatos High School Category: Schools Team since: Sep, 2008We loan because: We want to help people throughout the world have a better life.
- 8 members have lent $120,300 in 3,479 loansWorldwide Category: Schools Team since: Apr, 2011We loan because: As responsible world citizens we want sustainable growth and a successful future for all of the planet's inhabitants.
- 382 members have lent $116,650 in 4,402 loansKanata, Ontario, Canada Category: Schools Team since: Jan, 2010We loan because: We care.
It makes us feel good.
- 1 members have lent $108,800 in 631 loansMiami FL Category: Schools Team since: Nov, 2011