Connect with Kiva's lender community
Lending teams are self-organized groups built around common interests, school affiliation or location.
Join as many teams as you'd like, and rally around shared lending goals by counting each of your loans at checkout toward the team's impact.
To get started, simply join an existing team or create a new one and invite your friends!
- 1,122 members have lent $509,975 in 14,057 loansHarvard-Westlake School, 3700 Coldwater Canyon Ave Studio City, CA 91604 Category: Schools Team since: Sep, 2013We loan because: we want to help those in need. This project is in honor of our Aunt Kim who is battling breast cancer. She is a giving and selfless person, and we are making loans to budding entrepreneurs in extension of that spirit of…
- 143 members have lent $313,050 in 11,566 loansCategory: Schools Team since: Nov, 2008We loan because: Live simply that others may simply live. -Gandhi.
Here is a video of why we loan:
We must be the change we wish to see in…
- 121 members have lent $301,875 in 11,604 loansAndover, MN Category: Schools Team since: Mar, 2009We loan because: We know we can change the world.
- 189 members have lent $265,800 in 3,507 loansStrathcona High School Category: Schools Team since: Nov, 2011We loan because: We want to help others write a better story for their lives. We want to leave a powerful legacy that will make a difference in the world.
- 89 members have lent $192,700 in 7,602 loansSt. Louis Category: Schools Team since: Nov, 2009We loan because: John Burroughs School emphasizes the importance of giving back to others. Loaning to independent businesses in other less affluent countries is our way of helping not only the community but also the rest of the world.
- 130 members have lent $181,275 in 5,468 loansHonolulu Category: Schools Team since: Aug, 2008We loan because: Microloans are part of lesson of the Senior CapSEEDS course which stands for Social entrepreneurship, Economics, Environment, Deeds of service, and Sustainable solutions. Microloans are encompassed in attributes of the…
- 67 members have lent $174,475 in 6,494 loansLos Gatos High School Category: Schools Team since: Sep, 2008We loan because: We want to help people throughout the world have a better life.
- 8 members have lent $144,575 in 4,383 loansWorldwide Category: Schools Team since: Apr, 2011We loan because: As responsible world citizens we want sustainable growth and a successful future for all of the planet's inhabitants.
- 404 members have lent $125,500 in 4,754 loansKanata, Ontario, Canada Category: Schools Team since: Jan, 2010We loan because: We care.
It makes us feel good.
- 1 members have lent $120,325 in 718 loansMiami FL Category: Schools Team since: Nov, 2011