Kiva Lending Team: New Direction
We loan because...
The Examined Life is worth living.
How it works:
*Note – The democratic nature of this project is dependent upon your use of the following social media tools: Etsy.com and Kiva.org
1. You buy a painting for $150 - $1500 on the New Direction etsy site – www.etsy.com/shops/NewDirection
*If you live in the Portland area and can pick up your purchase, enter coupon code LocalPDX to waive shipping fee.
**The works are also on display in an exhibition called SHOWROOM @ the Lodge Gallery in Portland, OR August 11 - September 30, 2011.
2. I, the artist, recoup 1/3 of the purchase price.
3. I connect with you (purchaser) through email. You will also receive a credit (“gift card”) from Kiva.org equal to the remaining 2/3 ($100-$1000) of original purchase price for use on Kiva.org. In addition to an invitation to create Kiva account, you will receive an invitation to the Kiva lending team New Direction – www.kiva.org/team/new_direction
In the event that you do not create Kiva account and accept Kiva credit, the dollar amount will be accepted by Kiva as donation, not a loan.
4. You (purchaser) are free to choose what loan to fulfill in the lending network with your credited amount, and may choose to pool your credit with other members from the New Direction team to fulfill agreed upon “team” loans.
5. As the recipient of the loan pays the loan back, the money will become available again in your account. You will then be free to choose to fulfill additional loans with this money.
@The Lodge Gallery
1532 SW Morrison St.
Portland, OR, 97205
Hours: Monday-Friday 9-5pm
Location: Portland, OR
0 messages. Request to join the team to get in on the action!
This team has not made any loans in the past 90 days that are currently raising funds. Check back soon or make a loan!
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.